Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020-21 | Application Form | Eligibility | Selection Procedure
KVS Admission for the academic session of 2020-21 soon will begin on its official website. As per the official notification on Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), the registration procedure for KVS 2020 admissions will start very soon. KVS Admission form for 2020-21 academic year will be available in the first week of March 2020, stated in the official notification.
The link to download & fill the admission form of KVS 2020-21 will become active on the official website, after the official announcement of the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2020 dates. In an alternative way, the direct link to fill the KVS 2020 Admission Form will be updated here on this page for easy and quick access to all enthusiastic students.
Kendriya Vidyalaya is not only located in India but in abroad as well. There are a total of 1199 Kendriya Vidyalayas, in which 1196 are based in India and 3 are abroad. All these KVS are divided into 25 regions and each of them headed by the deputy commissioner.
Kendriya Vidyalaya admissions details are collected here for the students, who want to get admission in KV Schools and embrace their future. Please read the complete article to get the information about the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission process, eligibility, selection procedure, etc.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020-21
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Admissions will be conducted by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools are affiliated to Central Board Of Secondary Education.
- Official Website: kvsangathan.nic.in
- Now let us discuss Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020-21 important dates below here:
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020-21 Schedule
|Releasing of Notification||Last week of February 2020|
|Registration for Class-I||Starting Week of March|
|Last Date of Online Registration for Class-I||3rd Week of March|
|Provisionally selected list for Class-I & admission for Class-I||March/April|
|Registration for Class-II onwards (except Class XI)||1st to 2nd Week of April|
|Declaration of List Class II onwards||2nd Week of April|
|Admission for Class II onwards||2nd to 3rd week of April|
|Last date for admission Except for Class XI||Last Week of April|
|Last date of Admission for class XI||1st Week of July|
These are tentative dates available as per previous dates the official dates will be announced soon in the official website.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Guidelines
In the above section, we have given you the details regarding Kendriya Vidyalaya admission important dates. Now, lets discuss the admission , eligibility , application fee, reservation criteria, selection procedure, documents required for admission.
Before giving the detail for above lists, let us discuss with you who can apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admissions or KVS seats. Firstly, the priorities is given to Central Government and State Government staff and then to private employees.
We can divide Kendriya Vidyalaya seats into 5 categories, priority-wise
- Central Government Employees
- Army and Ex-army man child
- State Government Employees
- Single girl-child(who doesn’t have any siblings) quota
- Private Employees or self-employed people
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission – Application Form
- The application/ registration advertisement is published by the end of February 2020.
- Application form for KV admission is available offline.
- Students/parents are requested to collect the application forms from the concerned school.
- Students/parents are requested to fill the application form completely and error-free.
- Applicants have to send the filled application form attached with required attested copies of documents to the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya within the mentioned dates.
- Please don’t send incomplete or late application forms, else they will be rejected.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Application Fee
There is no application fee applicable for admissions in Kendriya Vidyalaya. Students/ parents can collect the application form directly from the school for free.
Admission of Children studying abroad
A KV Student, who went abroad with his parents on their deputation to a foreign country, will be admitted to the corresponding class on their return to India by the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya concerned. In case of any issue related to the interpretation of admission Guidelines, the decision of Commissioner KVS, will be final.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Eligibility Criteria
Age Criteria as on March 31st of the year of admission for Class I to X
|5 years||7 years|
|6 years||8 years|
|7 years||9 years|
|12 years||14 years|
Note: Age relaxation of 2 years is given to physically disabled students.
Eligibility for Class XI
- No upper age and lower age limit.
- For Science stream, students should have passed Class X with 60% aggregate.
- For Commerce Stream, students should have passed Class X with 55% aggregate.
- For Humanities Stream, students should have passed Class X.
- Fresh Admission for Non KV students is made on the following eligibility criteria:
- Science and Commerce Stream (Minimum 8.0 CGPA)
- Humanities (Minimum 6.4 CGPA)
A student who has not qualified for admission in a particular stream will be allowed fresh admission to another stream in the next academic session provided he/she improves his/her performance.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission – Reserved seats
Based on different categories, KVS seats are reserved as below
Schedule Tribe (ST)
|Schedule Caste (SC)||
|Differently abled candidates||
|Economically weaker sections (EWS) of the society||
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission: Selection list
- Registered candidates lists, eligible candidates lists, selected candidates lists, waiting list and other lists will be published on the official website of the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya and also on Notice Boards of the schools.
- Students who got selected for class- I will be declared in the 3rd week of March.
- List of selected candidates for Class II onwards will be declared in 2nd week of April.
- For Class XI, selected candidates are displayed within the 20 days of the publication of the result.
Kendriya Vidyalaya School Admission Required Documents
- Birth Certificate for Class-I students, as a proof for their age.
- For Grandchildren of PSU employees and Honorable Members of Parliament, a certificate to proof their relationship.
- For Grandchildren of Kendriya Vidyalaya School employees, a certificate to proof their relationship.
- Category/Caste certificate (SC/ST/EWS/OBC/BPL) issues by state or union government.
- Certificate of Physically disabled/handicapped students issued from a civil surgeon.
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed defense employees.
- Proof of residence
We hope this article will help you for the admission process of 2020-21 in Kendriya Vidyalaya School.
Students and parents are advised to read the complete instructions while filling up the application or admission forms. Kindly go through the eligibility criteria first, before applying for the admission.
Apply only, if there is a vacancy available in the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya. And make sure the application is filled correctly and there are no incomplete details available in the form to avoid the rejection.
For any further details , please take the reference of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission PDF it carries all the guidelines related to Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
If you still have any doubt regarding the admission procedure kindly contact the Kendriya Vidyalaya concerned department.
Below are the contact details for your reference
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
18, Industrial Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi- 110016
Phone No.- 011-26858570, 26512579
Email- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org