While it is tough to follow all haircare regimes, you can bring onion juice to your hair’s rescue. We tell you some amazing reasons that make onion juice the perfect go-to option for hair growth.
You may not like its smell, but eating and applying onion topically is super healthy. According to the book ‘Healing Foods’ by DK Publishing House, onions contain dozens of medicinal chemical compounds that have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory actions in the body and promote good heart and gut health. Onions are added to almost every meal that we eat every day. Apart from this, onions are said to be good for hair growth. Yes, you read that right. Onion juice is one time-tested elixir that requires attention from people looking to grow thick and long hair. Growing hair is not easy; it needs a lot of nourishing from time-to-time, a healthy diet, and should be kept away from chemicals and colours. While it is tough to manage all this, you can bring onion juice to your hair’s rescue. We tell you some amazing reasons that make onion juice the perfect go-to option for hair growth.
Fast facts on onion juice for hair loss:
- Onions contain certain minerals, which may be good for the hair.
- Anyone allergic to onions should not use onion juice on their hair.
- If the smell is too much to stand, adding a little lemon juice or rose water helps.
- Although a popular home remedy, more research is needed to conclude if onion juice works as a hair loss treatment.
Onion juice for hair growth | Why onion juice is great for hair growth
- Onion juice has sulphur that is said to prevent thinning and breakage of hair. Lesser hair thinning and breakage will ensure thick hair growth.
- Onion juice mildly nourishes hair follicles with the help of sulphur. Nourished hair follicles will allow regeneration of healthy hair.
- The presence of antioxidants in onion juice may help reversing premature greying of hair.
- A good massage with onion juice can help increase blood circulation, further helping in hair growth.
- Its antibacterial properties might help keep your scalp away from infections, further promoting healthy hair growth.
How to make onion juice at home for hair growth?
- Take one to two onions and peel them.
- Cut them into pieces and blend them.
- Now filter the juice using a muslin cloth. This will ensure that no onion chunks are left.
- Give your scalp a good massage with onion juice in circular motions. Let it sit for an hour or so.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo and ensure that you get rid of the pungent smell of onions.
- You could try this once a week to see effective results.
Use onion juice to get long and lustrous hair like never before. Make sure you perform a patch test using onion juice to avoid any allergic reaction on the skin. Do try this onion treatment to get beautiful that you always dreamt of.
Amazing Onion Benefits For Skin And Hair That You Must Know!
We suggest some amazing onion benefits for skin and onion benefits for hair that will convince you to start using them right now.
Onion is one of the most requisite kitchen ingredients that are used to add an interesting texture to the curries, salads and other delicacies. Moreover, it not only adds to the flavour but also promotes health. According to the book ‘Healing Foods‘ by DK Publishing, onion is a part of the allium family. This ingredient contains dozens of medicinal chemical compounds that have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory actions in the body and promote good heart and gut health. If you thought onions are just known for their health benefits, then you haven’t used them for your skin and hair. We suggest some amazing onion benefits for skin and hair that will convince you to start using them right now.
How To Use Onion For Skin And Hair
These onion benefits mean that you should definitely include this wonder veggie in your skin care and hair care regime. Onion juice helps facilitate the formation of keratin that helps in hair growth. We suggest some interesting ways to make your skin and hair healthy using onion.
Lemon And Onion Pack
Prepare onion juice and mix some lemon juice in it. Dip a cotton ball in the solution and apply on your neck and face. Rinse off using cold water after it has dried off. Use this solution at least thrice a week. This pack will protect you from developing skin infections.
Go on and add onions in your daily beauty regime and ensure a healthy skin and beautiful long tresses.
Onion Juice For Hair Growth
You Will Need
- 1 tbsp Onion Juice
- Cotton Pad
- Saturate a cotton pad with the onion juice.
- Use the saturated cotton pad to dab your scalp with the onion juice.
- Once your entire scalp is covered, massage your scalp for a couple of minutes.
- Leave the juice on for about 15 minutes to an hour.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
On alternate days.
Why This Works
Onion juice helps stimulate your scalp while nourishing it and boosting blood circulation. It will help tackle any scalp issues while also ensuring that your hair grows faster and thicker.
The use of onion juice for hair regrowth has not been extensively researched.
One small study published in the Journal of Dermatology indicated that applying onion juice to the scalp might help hair regrow in some people.
The study involved participants who had alopecia areata, which is a non-scarring, patchy form of hair loss.
Researchers found that hair growth started after 2 weeks of using onion juice, which was applied to the scalp twice daily.
Almost 74 percent of participants had some hair regrowth after 4 weeks, and at 6 weeks about 87 percent experienced hair regrowth. Both males and females participated in the study and the hair regrowth was higher among males.
Although the study did indicate positive results, it was small with only 38 participants.