After the first positive case of coronavirus in the capital was confirmed, everyone is in panic mode. While people are trying to stock masks and hand sanitizers, many pharmacies are already out of stock. What if we told you, you can make an equally effective hand sanitiser at home. To prepare it, you just need some basic ingredients that you can easily find at the drug store or a grocery store.
The right kind of sanitizer to use to kill the virus
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, we should use a sanitizer with at least 60 per cent alcohol content in it. This recipe will make for a sanitizer with the alcohol content which is more than 60 per cent.
What you will need to make sanitizer at home:
– 2/3 cup of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) 91% – 1/3 cup of aloe vera gel (If you want to increase the alcohol content in the sanitizer, you can reduce the aloe vera gel to 1/4 cup).
– Essential oil of your choice
– A medium-size mixing bowl
– A spoon
– An empty container to store the sanitizer
How to make the sanitizer at home
- Take the mixing bowl and add Isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera gel in the given quantities. Mix them until well blended.
- Now add eight-10 drops of essential oil to the mixture to make it smell nice.
- Now pour this homemade sanitizer into an empty container and close it properly. You can take a
- small piece of masking tape and label the bottle as hand sanitizer to leave no confusion for anyone who sees the bottle.
- Though yes, washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is the best way to safeguard yourself, using sanitizer is definitely the second-best option.
What is the coronavirus?
Where CORONA VIRUS ORIGINATE:
Chinese health authorities still examining the exact origin of the virus. But they believe that the virus has jumped from a seafood market in Wuhan, China where wildlife was also sold illegally. Also, the World Health Organization (WHO) states an animal species are the most primary sources to likely outbreak epidemic.
Six types of coronavirus are found that infect humans and many others that infect animals.
The coronavirus that causes disease in humans is found in two genera namely alphacoronaviruses (HCoV-229E, HCoV-NL63) and betacoronaviruses (HCoV-HKU1, HCoV-OC43, and the coronavirus associated with Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)). In 2012, an additional novel betacoronavirus was identified that can cause human disease-Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV).
Common human coronaviruses types are 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1 that usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illness like a common cold.
Symptoms of Coronavirus disease: Coronavirus Symptoms comprises fever, difficulty in breathing and cough, similar to several other respiratory illnesses, and can cause pneumonia. As of now, there is no prevention introduced by china’s health authorities but they have announced these symptoms to recognize the virus.
– Runny Nose
– Sore Throat
– A general feeling of human unwell.
– A rare cases of Fever
– Exacerbated asthma
Sometimes it also causes pneumonia, bronchitis. It is common in people who have a weak immune system, in infants, older adults, etc.