Candidates who had apply for JEE Main 2020 January examination are advised to visit NTA’s official websites at nta.ac.in.
The National Testing Agency is expected to release JEE Main 2020 Admit Card on December 6. The NTA JEE Main Admit Card 2020 will be published by National Testing Agency on its official website nta.ac.in. The JEE Main 2020 examination will be conducted from January 6 to 11. Candidates who had apply for JEE Main 2020 January examination are advised to visit NTA’s official websites at nta.ac.in or jeemain.nic.in once the admit card is released. The NTA Joint Entrance Examination (Main) result 2019 will be announced on April 30.
How To Download JEE Main Admit Card 2020?
JEE Main Admit Card for January Attempt will be released in the month of December 2019. Candidates can visit the official website of JEE Main and login with the help of their credentials to download their JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. The JEE Main 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded by using any of the following two methods:
- Download JEE Main Admit Card through Application Number and Password
- Download JEE Main Admit Card through Application Number and Date of Birth
Steps to download JEE Main 2020 Hall Ticket:
Method 1 – Download JEE Main Admit Card through Application Number and Password
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of JEE Main – jeemain.nic.in.
- Step 2 – In the home page, click on the button “Download JEE Main January 2020 Admit Card”.
- Step 3 – The page will be redirected and now click on “Download JEE Main Admit Card through Application Number and Password”.
- Step 4 – Now enter your JEE Main Application Number which was system generated at the time of registration and Password created by the candidate.
- Step 5 – Click on “Submit”.
- Step 6 – The JEE Main 2020 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
Method 2 – Download JEE Main Admit Card through Application Number and Date of Birth
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of JEE Main.
- Step 2 – Hit the button “Download JEE Main January 2020 Admit Card”.
- Step 3 – The page will be directed and now click on “Download JEE Main Admit Card through Application Number and Date of Birth”
- Step 4 – Enter the application number which was system generated and your date of birth in the required fields.
- Step 5 – Click on “Submit”.
- Step 6 – The JEE Main hall ticket will be displayed and candidates are advised to download it safely in PDF form and keep it safe for further use.
Details Mentioned on JEE Main Admit Card 2020
The following details will be mentioned on JEE Main 2020 Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Category/Person with Disability
- Candidates Photograph
- Candidates and Parents
- Email ID & Mobile
- Centre Code
- Name & Address of
- Exam Centre
- Exam Date & Timing
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- State Code of Eligibility
- Name & Medium of the Question Paper
JEE Main Admit Card – What To Do If Candidate Forgets Application Number Or Password
Without JEE Main Application number or password, one will not be to download their JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. And if the aspirants forget his/her JEE Main 2020 Application Number or Password then candidates can retrieve it by any of the following ways:
Method 1 – Open your Mailbox and check the inbox of your registered mail ID and mobile number. Your Application Number and Password must have been sent to you through email and SMS at the time of registration. If you are unable to find the Application number of Password then go to method 2.
Method 2 – Follow the steps as under to retrieve your JEE Main Application Number and Password:
- 1. Visit the page of JEE Main Admit Card.
- 2. There will be an option – “I can’t access my account”. Click on it.
- 3. There will be two options: 1) I forgot my Application Number, 2) I forgot my password. Select the one that you have forgotten and click on “Continue”.
- 4. You will see three options to retrieve your Application Number/Password:
a) Using the security question and its answer selected during registration.-
b) Using the verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number of the candidates
- c) By using the reset link sent via email to the registered email address. Select any one of them and click on “Continue”.
- 5. You will be directed to another page where you will have to enter the following details:
a) Name of the Candidate
b) Date of Birth of the Candidate
c) Candidate’s Father’s Name
d) Candidate’s Mother’s Name
e) State of Eligibility
f) Security Pin (will be case sensitive)
- 6. Click on “Continue” and as per the selected method, you will get your Application Number / Password.
Unable To Download JEE Main Admit Card
Candidates must check all the details mentioned in the JEE Main 2020 Admit Carefully and in case candidates come across any mistakes in the JEE Main Hall Ticket then they should immediately contact the officials of NTA. It is to be noted that no candidate will be allowed to the examination centre without JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. Along with the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card, candidates must also carry one passport size photograph and any valid photo ID proof to appear for the examination. If candidates are unable to download their JEE Main 2020 Hall Ticket from the official website then they should contact the officials through the helpline numbers between 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The phone numbers of the help desk are as follows:
Address: National Testing Agency
Block C-20 1A/8 ,Sector- 62
IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar
Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)
Helpline No: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526
Email ID: jeemain-nta[at]nic[dot]in (email@example.com)
Documents To Be Carried Along With JEE Main Admit Card
Candidates must carry the following documents to the exam centre along with the JEE Main Hall Ticket 2020:
- Printout of JEE Main Admit Card 2020.
- Multiple copies of passport size photograph of the candidate. Note that the photograph should be the same as uploaded during JEE Main registration.
- PwD Certificate in the prescribed format for Pwd candidates.
- A valid Photo ID – Passport / Driving License / Aadhar Card / PAN Card / Voter ID bearing the same name as mentioned on the JEE Main Admit Card.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card – Items Not Allowed In The Exam Hall
Candidates should not carry the following items with them to the exam hall. If any candidate is found with any of these items, he/she will not be allowed to take the exam:
- Electronic Devices, like Cellphone, Pager, Calculator, Pieces of Paper, Books, Notebooks, etc.
- Pen/Pencils, as these things will be provided by the exam authority.
- Watch/Clocks of any kind as there will be a clock in every exam hall.
JEE Main Admit Card 2020 – General Instructions For Students
Here are some general instructions for candidates mentioned on JEE Main Admit Card:
- Once candidates download their JEE Main Admit Card 2020, they must check their exam centre/venue. It is recommended that candidates go in person to the exam centre once before the actual exam so that they don’t find it difficult to locate the exam centre on the day of the exam.
- Any request to change the exam centre/venue will not be entertained.
- The JEE Main Admit Card is a very important document. Without it, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. The Admit Card is also necessary for JEE Main Counselling Process. Candidates must keep it safe until the end of admission.
- If candidates are appearing for the exam in the First Shift (9:30 am to 12:30 pm), they must reach the exam centre between 7:30 am-8:30 am. For candidates of Second Shift (2:30 pm to 5:30 pm), they must reach the exam centre between 12:30 pm-1:30 pm.
- Candidates will be allowed entry to the exam hall between 8:45 am to 9:00 am for First Shift and between 1:45 pm to 2:00 pm for Second Shift.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall after the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall until the exam is finished.
JEE Main Admit Card – Schedule of JEE Main 2020
|Particulars||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Exam Duration||3 hours||3 Hours|
|JEE Main Exam Timings||9:30 AM to 12:30 AM||2:30 AM – 5:30 AM|
|Entry in the Exam Centre||7:30 AM to 8:30 AM||12:30 PM to 1:30 PM|
|Entry in the Examination Hall||8:45 AM to 9 AM||1:45 PM to 2 PM|
|Checking of Admit card by the Invigilator||9 AM to 9:15 AM||2 PM to 2:15 PM|
|Instructions by the Invigilator||9:15 AM to 9:25 AM||2:15 PM to 2:25 PM|
|Test Commences||9:30 AM||2:30 PM|
|Test Concludes||12:30 AM||5:30 PM|
JEE Main Admit Card – Frequently Asked Questions
The frequently asked questions regarding JEE Main Admit Card 2020 are listed below:
- How can I download JEE Main Admit Card?
Visit the official website and click on the link available to download the jee main admit card. Enter your registration number and password and click on submit. Admit card will appear on the new page. Download and take the printout for future reference.
- Will the admit card be released online and offline mode?
JEE Main Admit Card will be released through online mode only on the official website – jeemain.nic.in
- When can I get my JEE Main Admit card?
NTA will release the JEE Main Admit Card in the month of December 2019 for the first attempt (JEE Main 2020 January session). Besides that, for the April session, the admit card was released on March 2020.
- Do I need to carry Identification Proof along with the JEE Main admit card?
Yes, you need to carry a valid Id proof along with your JEE Main Admit Card. PWD Candidates will have to carry the PWD certificate issued from a competent authority.
- Can I carry the soft copy of the JEE Main admit card if I forget the hard copy?
No, soft copy of the admit card is not allowed. Only the hard copy of the admit card will be allowed.
- Can I change my exam centre once the admit card is generated?
No, once the admit card is released the exam centre cannot be changed.
- What should I carry for JEE Main Exam?
Candidates need to carry the JEE Main Admit Card, Valid Photo ID Proof, Passport Size Photograph, and PwD Certificate (if applicable).
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has established National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization under Society Registration Act 1860 for conducting efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions.
The tentative date for JEE Mains exam is January 6 to 11, 2020.
Paper 1 will be held in computer-based mode only and Paper 2 will be held in both computer-based and paper and pen modes. A candidate may choose to appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 or any of the two papers depending on the course they want to pursue.
Paper 1 is for those who want to take admission to a bachelor of engineering (BE) and bachelor of technology programmes in IITs. After Paper 1, a selected number of candidates will be required to appear in JEE (Advanced). Admissions to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE advanced, subject to conditions as defined in JEE (Advanced) 2019 website. Candidates will be asked to solve questions on mathematics, physics and chemistry in Paper 1.
Paper 2 is for candidates who want to study B.Arch and B.Planning. Candidates will be asked to take the test in the computer-based mode for mathematics and aptitude test and the drawing test will be in pen and paper-based mode.
The exam is conducted to determine the eligibility of candidates for admission in National Institutes for Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes for Technology (IITs) and other centrally-funded technical institutions.