India post has released the Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment Notification. It is inviting applications for Gramin Dak Sevak from eligible candidates for the selection and engagement for 5,476 vacancies under Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Chattisgarh Circle. The online application for GDS Recruitment started from 22nd October 2019 and you can apply till 21st November 2019. This article on Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process for different Circles will provide you with a detailed selection procedure & much more.
Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process 2019
- Gramin Dak Sevak selection procedure is based on the marks obtained in 10th standard.
- A merit list will be prepared based on candidates 10th class marks.
- 10th standard percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for final selection.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification.
- If you get the same marks as another candidate, the person with the higher date of birth will be preferred. After that preference will be given as – ST female, SC female, OBC female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, UR male.
Eligibility Criteria for Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment
A. Age Limit (As on 15th October 2019)
Minimum Age – 18 years
Maximum Age – 40 years
|Pwd||UR – 10 years
OBC- 13 years
SC/ST – 15 years
B. Educational Qualification
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School.
- Compulsory knowledge of Local Language – You should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.
- Computer Knowledge – For Gramin Dak Sevak Selection, you should have Computer Knowledge.
- If you do not have knowledge of computer you are required to do the computer training course for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Upon selection, you are required to show the document of your computer training certificate.
- If you have studied Computer as a subject in Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification then you do not need to do the computer training course. Only you have to submit a certificate of Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which you have studied computer as a subject.
- Residence – Those who applied for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) & Branch Postmaster (BPM) post must take his/her residence in the Branch Post Office village within one month after selection but before engagement as Gramin Dak Sevak & Branch Postmaster.
- The candidate selected for the post of other than GDS & BPM should reside in post village/delivery jurisdiction.
- Adequate Means Of Livelihood
- Cycling knowledge is a pre-requisite condition for GDS posts attached with outdoor duties.
Selection Criteria for GDS Recruitment 2019
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidate apply with grades only his application liable for disqualification.
- In case of the marks lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per cycle of online engagement. This inter alia means that a prospective candidate can apply for twenty posts on a single application spread across one or all Circles.
- However, this count of twenty posts is inclusive of vacancies arising in the candidate’s Home Circle. (Home Circle means the circle in the native/ domicile state of the prospective candidate in which he/she is permanently residing and studied SSC where Postal Circle is providing an opportunity). Hence, candidates should be advised to exercise due care while utilizing the twenty choices available to her/him in each Cycle. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each Circle.
- If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited. Similarly in case of candidate has applied for more than one circle only one post will be offered per circle.
- Applicants submitted applications without complete data will also be rejected from consideration.
Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process – KeyPoints
- Candidates will have to pass class 10 form a school recognized by the government. Also, he/ she must have passed in all the as per the respective approved board norms.
- The candidates having Grades/ Points system will have to convert their score into the marks system and the same is to be filled in the application form.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of 20 posts mentioning their order of preference on a single application form.
- Candidates can apply for more than one circles provided they meet the eligibility criteria. However, only one post will be allocated for the candidate in each circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each