Daily Current Affairs – International
World Toilet Day: 19 November
World Toilet Day is celebrated on 19th November every year.
- It’s all about inspiring action to tackle the global sanitation crisis and help achieve Sustainable Development Goal 6 (SDG 6), which promises sanitation for all by 2030.
- World Toilet Day 2019 is drawing attention to those people being left behind without sanitation.
- 2019 Theme: Leaving No One Behind
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 19th November 2019
- Daily Current Affairs 19th November 2019
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 18th November 2019
- Daily Current Affairs 18th November 2019
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 17th November 2019
- Daily Current Affairs 17th November 2019
Daily Current Affairs – National
Roadmap for the transformation of the healthcare system unveiled by NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog released the report on ‘Health Systems for a New India: Building Blocks-Potential Pathways to Reforms.
- The report was released by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar in the presence of Bill Gates, the co-chairman of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- The report intends to prepare the road-map to build a health system in the medium- to long-term for those belonging to the middle class.
- Nearly 50 per cent are still not covered under any public healthcare system and the idea is to pool their risk assets which will cater to the health care needs of the middle class.
Government announces Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh for better nutritional outcomes
Union Government announced Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh which is a repository of diverse crops across 128 agro-climatic zones for better nutritional outcomes.
- The Kosh aims at reducing malnutrition through a multi-sectoral results-based framework, including agriculture, among women and children across the country.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development has collaborated with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for this project.
- The Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh seeks to promote healthy dietary practices and tackle under-nutrition in a sustainable manner.
Indian Oil launches special winter-grade diesel for UT of Ladakh
State-run Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOC) launched a special winter-grade diesel that remains unfrozen up to minus 33 degree Celsius.
- The fuel would help provide year-round access to snow-capped border regions and is part of India’s efforts to speed up strategic road connectivity.
- This new fuel will help Indian security forces to stock up on crucial supplies and ammunition that gets cut off due to bad weather in winters.
- Indian Oil’s winter-grade diesel meets BIS specifications and has been produced and certified by the company’s Panipat refinery.
Union Minister for Rural Development inaugurates SARAS at IITF 2019 in New Delhi
Union Minister for Rural Development Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the SARAS India International Trade Fair at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- SARAS Mela is an initiative by the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD).
- The objective of this fair is to bring the rural women SHG members formed under DAY-NRLM, in one platform to showcase their skills, sell and build linkages with potential market players.
- SARAS Mela not only provides a platform to these SHG women, but it also provides a national level exposure to understand the demand and taste of the urban customers in metros.
Uttarakhand CM launches virtual classroom project connecting 500 secondary schools
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched a project that will connect 500 secondary schools to virtual classrooms.
- The schools in the state facing a shortage of teachers will benefit from the new technology.
- Virtual classes are attended through video conferences where students can meet the teacher on a real-time basis and ask questions.
- An estimated 1.90 lakh students of 500 government-run secondary schools in the state will benefit from the project.
Haryana govt decides to create a new Foreign Cooperation department
Haryana Government has decided to create a dedicated new department namely Department of ‘Foreign Cooperation’.
- The department has been created in order to streamline and provide focus to various initiatives taken by the state government for the promotion of investment, employment for youth and welfare of Non-Resident Indians.
- The new department will deal in the formulation of country-wise strategies for the promotion of investment, employment in the state, education and skill development and promotion of Haryanavi culture and welfare of Haryanavi diaspora.
Daily Current Affairs – Awards
Rekha, Sridevi bag ANR National Awards
Two of the greatest actresses of the film industry were felicitated at the (Akkineni Nageswara Rao) ANR National Award.
- Actress Rekha and the late Sridevi were awarded for their contributions to the Indian film fraternity.
- The annual award honours those who had created an ever-lasting impact on Indian cinema.
- The awards were presented by Telugu actor Chiranjeevi.
Bajrang Punia conferred with Indian Personality of the Year award
Ace Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia has been conferred the Indian Personality of the Year Award (Sports) at the Indo Arab Leaders Summit & Awards 2019 in Dubai.
- Also World powerlifting champion Mahant Gaurav Sharma was honoured with Visionary Leaders of the Year (Sports) award.
- Gaurav was recently conferred with the prestigious Mahatma Gandhi Leadership Award in London.
Daily Current Affairs – Sports
Shreyasi Singh crowned National Champion in Women’s Trap
Reigning Commonwealth Games champion Shreyasi Singh won the women’s Trap Gold at the ongoing 63rd National Shooting Championship for shotgun events in New Delhi.
- Shreyasi representing Bihar shot 42 out of 50 birds to claim the crown, while Rajeshwari from Punjab managed 38 hits to settle for silver.
- Pragati Dubey of Madhya Pradesh won bronze with a finals score of 31.
- This was Shreyasi’s fourth individual career National title but her first in Women’s Trap.