Why Homeopathy Could Be A Good Treatment Option For Infants
“Homoeopathic medicines are prepared mainly from herbs, vegetables and minerals and are given in very minute doses”
Susceptibility To Various Ailments
Although your baby may be perfectly healthy, there are some common conditions that a new-born may experience after being exposed to certain elements. The youngest stage of life, beginning right after birth till your baby completes one year of life is called infancy.
This is the period when the immune system and functioning of all the organs is not completely developed and your baby could be susceptible to various ailments, after only a little exposure to changes in the environment. So, here is a list of some of the most common ailments usually seen during infancy.
- Infantile colic
- Cradle cap
- Atopic dermatitis
- Oral thrush
- Diaper rash
- Recurrent cough
- Ear infections
These ailments can be treated and easily cured with homoeopathy. It has great potential and can be widely applied in treating ailments of your new-born. Homoeopathic medicines are prepared mainly from herbs, vegetables and minerals and is given in very minute doses so, they are 100 per cent non-toxic, without any adverse effects whatsoever.
- Easy to administer even to a one day old baby
- Can raise the immunity levels of children to help deal with illnesses throughout childhood
- Easily palatable
- Can be used for longer periods of time and at every stage of childhood
- Improves digestion and resistance of the body
- Can be given repeatedly at frequent intervals without having any side effects (in consultation with a homoeopathic physician)
- Children who take homoeopathy medicines from their early growing years develop a strong immunity system
- It can help prevent illnesses and give support through difficult periods of a child’s life.
- With homeopathy children’s health can improve and chronic conditions often clear up completely
Helping Children To Thrive
Besides focusing solely on the treatment, it is essential to educate and counsel parents about their children’s illnesses they might acquire during infancy. This is the era of technology which has made many of our lives comfortable but on the other hand it has made us impatient. Parents want their children to recover from simple illnesses as fast as possible and do not even wait for the defence mechanism of the child to respond.
These days, most children are over medicated because of the over anxious and over protective attitude of parents. As a parent, it is your responsibility to bring up your children in a gentle manner which helps them develop in to healthy adults physically, mentally and emotionally. Therefore, homoeopathy should be your preferred choice of treatment for your infant.