The Amazing Benefits of Wheat Bran
Bran are the pieces of grain husk that is separated from the flour after milling and which provides a lot of health benefits. It is a whole grain product along with the germ which is removed to create refined white rice, bread or other grain products. Bran products also contain a high amount of both soluble and insoluble fibre.
Benefits Of Bran
- The fibre present in bran helps in the increase of the good bacteria in your digestive system
- The consumption of fibre can reduce problems of constipation
- Bran reduces the risk of different cancers, especially of the breast and the colon. This is because bran contains anti-cancerous phytochemicals like phenolic acids, ligands, and flavonoids
- A bran meal is a rich source of niacin, which can reduce the chances of cardiovascular or heart-related diseases
- Bran includes protein and amino acids. Thus, bran provides the complete portion of proteins for vegetarians as well as vegans
- The intake of bran in your diet makes you feel full and thereby, you eat less. It also helps to reduce weight and on the contrary. promotes weight loss
- Magnesium, which is present in bran products iS necessary tor proper nerve and muscle function and also to regulate the rhythm of the heart, for a healthy immune system and for stronger bones
- The magnesium in bran also helps reduce blood pressure and premenstrual syndrome
- Bran meal reduces Type 2 diabetes risk by around 20 per cent
- Bran is a rich source of vitamin B9 (folate) which is an essential element for DNA synthesis and for improving cell growth and cell division
- Bran contains important minerals called manganese which is required for the body for the smooth functioning of the enzymes, absorption of nutrients, healing of the wounds. arthritis, alopecia and to prevent epileptic seizures
Ways To Eat Wheat Bran
Wheat bran can be consumed in different ways. It can be had as a breakfast cereal, in the form of pancakes (by adding wheat bran as the main ingredient) or by making muffins out of this amazing cereal.