What are the health benefits of grapes?
Grapes, also called the queen of fruits, is generally available throughout the year. One should consume fruits like grapes everyday as they are a wonderful source of antioxidants. There are three types of grapes available – red, green and black. The black and green grapes are the most common. Berry is also a part of the grape family
Advantages Of Eating Grapes
Prevents Heart Disease
The flavonoid quercetin which is present in grapes had a natural anti-inflammatory quality that can help prevent atherosclerosis.
The micronutrients like copper. iron, and manganese which are essential co-factors of superoxide dismutase enzyme are found in grapes.
Rich In Antioxidants
Antioxidants that prevent free radical damage are present mainly in the seeds and the skin portion of the grapes. Lutein and zeaxanthin are some common antioxidants helpful for eye health that are also present in grapes. So, it can be said that grapes help protect the eyes. Some other antioxidants present in all three varieties of grapes are flavonoids, myricelin, guercetin and catechin.
Blood Sugar Benefits
Though this is a controversial topic, recent studies have shown that the G.l value of grapes ¡s 43-53 which is, quite low. This is a good indicator of its blood sugar benefits.
Other Valuable Effects
- Grapes are good for obesity patients.
- It can help prevent lung and mouth cancer because of polyphenols present in them.
- Grapes are helpful for constipation
- Grapes contain high K+ which helps reduce the risk of stroke.
- Grapes are beneficial for Alzheimer’s disease.
- It also contains health-supportive nutrients like flavonols and phenolic acid etc.
Adding Grapes To Your Diet
- Black grapes in a chicken salad tastes delicious.
- Make a bowl of custard and add some green grapes.
- Freeze the grapes and enjoy as breakfast on a hot day.
- Have a quick snack with 32 fresh grapes which have 100kcals.
Boon For Smokers
The next time you are tempted to smoke, but want to quit smoking, try eating a cup full of chilled grapes. It has the amazing ability to reduce the urge to smoke.
1 Cup (32pcs)
|Energy (kcal)||Protein (gm)||Fat
|Vitamin C (mg)||Vitamin A (mcg)||K+