Aim For Agility And Awareness
Similar to a musician becoming one with the instrument he plays as she creates a melody, self-actualization is all about becoming one with the universe. Similarly, a yogi realizes his sell and the part of the supreme soul within himself. Here we talk about the benefits, some misconceptions and the certain mindfulness techniques one must keep in mind when it comes to yoga.
- Yoga brings about an improved awareness of the body, better sleep and heightened mental awareness and strength through.
- Yoga asanas were originally intended as aids to meditation – the practice of stilling the mind. It helps you develop a greater perspective so that day-to-day worries can be transcended. Above all, yoga shows you that all obstacles are surmountable.
- Meditation allows us to go beyond words and mental concepts in order to know the true nature and reality of ourselves and our world directly. It can be practiced by anyone. You do not need to be an expert in order to reap the benefits of this ancient practice. And even a short ten- minute meditation session can have a therapeutic effect.
- Meditation helps drop stress and anxiety in the body. It also helps give an insight in to ourselves. This practice helps in achieving direct contact with life and day-to-day experiences. The physical health improves immensely with meditation and it also makes one a better leader, a better communicator, and overall, one becomes more productive,
- People often believe that yoga takes years and years of practice. But the truth is that, you can benefits from it the day you start. And it is not necessary that you keep aside 30 minutes for it. Even five minutes a day will make a difference.
- Meditation requires your mind to be a blank slate, so one gives up, thinking that it’s impossible to achieve. However, on the contrary, meditation is about guiding your mind into awareness and this helps you make the right choices.
- Lastly, people think that specific positions for meditation are ‘better’ than others. But, the most important factor to keep in mind is to be comfortable. The best position is the one that ¡s the steadiest and most comfortable for you, as long as it keeps the back, neck and head in a straight line.
Mindfulness Meditation (Example Mindful Breathing)
This form of meditation helps individuals to get relief from pain and help with modern day issues such as anxiety and depression.
Concentration Meditation (Example 0m Meditation)
One pointed concentration is about placing attention on the object of meditation and not getting distracted. Through time, you will start to build your capacity of mental focus and overcome the distractions. This method really helps to build your psychic abilities and helps you enter a more blissful and joyful state.
Heart-centered meditation requires you to concentrate on your heart while riding the breath in and out smoothly. It helps you to start opening the heart chakra and remove negative energies from your body. It helps to heal your heart and starts to release all your fears and sadness. It also helps to build more compassion towards yourself and others.
This is a different type of meditation technique that helps you to strengthen certain qualities of the mind. The added focus of this form of meditation is to put on positive personality building traits such as love. humility, compassion, tenderness, etc. One can nurture these strengths by believing that they are fully alive in us.
As you practice reflective meditation, your mind will be more in control and not wander off. It is considered to have a calming effect on the mind. It stimulates transformative power and provides you with great conviction and strength to change the course of your life. There are many types of questions that you can reflect on, such as, Who am I,’ What is the purpose of my life,’ etc. These questions help in focusing our attention upon ourselves and lead us towards awareness and insight.