Are you searching for Essay Writing Topics in English for various competitions and speeches for school events? Then you are on the right page here you will get all kinds of topics for essay writing in English. As we have gathered numerous essay topics in long and short forms for all classes students. Yes, what you heard is correct, this page is filled with Long essays for class 10, 9, 8, 7, and Short essays for class 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. So, anyone can check out this Essay Writing in English Article on VersionWeekly for school events & competitions.
Moreover, you can also find 10 lines on the selected topic in English for the speeches in school programs. These Ten lines in English will assists students and teachers at the time of school speeches on special events. Hence, students can refer to the below provided a massive list of essays in English and participate in any kind of events conducted by schools. For the sake of class 1 to 10 students, we have also covered 10 Lines and Essay on ‘My School’ in English and Hindi here.
- Essay in English | List of Essay Writing Topics in English
- Essay on School’s Surroundings and Examinations
- Essay on Festivals
- Essay on Persons We Come Across
- Essay on About Myself
- Essay on Relationships
- Essay on Visits
- Essay on Scenes, Sights, and Journeys
- Essay on Health and Fitness
- Essay on Personalities/People
- Essay on Events
- Essay on Monuments
- Essay on Vacation/Holidays
- Nature Essay
- Essay on Sports
- Essay on Cities
- Essay on Life
- Essay on Animals
- General Essays
- Global Warming
- Essay on Environmental Issues & Awareness
- Essay Topics Based on Proverbs
- Essay on Moral Values
- Education Essay
- Essay on India
- Essay on Science & Technology
- Essay on Social Issues & Social Awareness
- Argumentative Essay Topics
- Types of Essays
- Basic Format of an Essay
- Tips for Essay Writing in English
Students, here is the list of a massive collection of various kinds of essays in English. No matter where you are from, our list will assist you to the fullest with any kind of essay you need. Because we have provided different categories of Essays in English such as General Essays, Education Essay, Essay on India, Essay on Personalities/People, Essay on Persons We Come Across, Essay on About Myself, Essay on School’s Surroundings and Examinations, Essay on Visits, Essay on Scenes, Sights and Journeys, Essay on Science & Technology and Environment, Essay on Animals, etc.
Moreover, you can also discover in some other categories like Essay on Festivals, Functions, and Celebrations, Essay on Cities, Essay on National Days, Essay on Social Issues & Social Awareness, Essay on Monuments, Essay on Relationships, Essay on Sports, Essay on Environmental Issues, Essay on Proverb, Essay on Moral Values, Essay on Nature, Essay on Health, etc. for students of lower and higher classes. On all these categories of topics, you will found long essays, short essays, and 10 lines in English so make use of these essays in essay writing competitions and speeches and win the first prizes at school events.
Essay Topics in English
The following are different types of essay topics in English for students who are categorized in many sections so that you can easily choose the topic as per your need and requirement.
Recognizing types of essays is just an issue of deciding the writer’s goal. And it depends on what the writer wants to convey to the audience or portray something, or clarify an issue, or persuade the reader to acknowledge a certain perspective. There are generally four major types of essays as follows:
1. Narrative Essays: In this type of essay, the writer will narrate an incident or story in the form of an essay. And also the writer makes these types of essays as vivid and real as possible.
2. Descriptive Essays: Here the writer will explain about a place, an object, an event, or might even a special memory not just merely. He/she describe it by painting a picture with the words. This type of essay will connect readers emotionally to the essay.
3. Expository Essays: Writer provides a balanced study of a topic in this type of essay. To make this possible, the writer should require real and extensive knowledge about the subject. The main thing that you must know while writing your essay in an expository type is no space for the writer’s feelings or emotions. Why because expository essays totally depend on statistics, facts, examples, etc. Also, you can see sub-types in this type like cause and effect essays, contrast essays, and many more.
4. Persuasive Essays: In such an essay a writer should present the facts along with an attempt to convince the reader with the writer’s point of view. The purpose of this essay is to present both sides of the argument. Eventually, the main aim is to influence the audience that the writer’s argument holds more weight.
A basic essay contains three main parts such as Introduction, body, and conclusion. If you follow this format then it helps you compose and organize an essay. However, flexibility is important. Hence, follow the basic structure while writing essays in English. Let us take a look at the general format of an essay which is described below in the form of an image.
Parts of an Essay:
Introduction: In the first paragraph, the writer should compose an attention-grabbing hook line of the topic where the audience needs to attract and connects with your essay initially. The writer has to introduce a very brief summary of an essay in the first paragraph. Generally, it should not extend to very long, needs to end in about 4-6 lines.
Thesis Statement: The thesis statement shortly states the main concepts of the essay, sets limits on the topics, and can imply the organization of the essay. For the entire essay, thesis statements work as a road map, by showing the readers what you have to tell and which main points you will utilize to promote your ideas.
Body: The main points which are presented in the thesis are supported by the body part of an essay. Each and every point will be developed by one or more paras and supports with particular details. Compose the information in a systematic flow and provide a confusion-free essay to the reader for better involvement.
Conclusion: In the concluding paragraph, the writer should focus on concluding transition, reverse “hook”, and restatement of the thesis. Also, rephrasing main topics and subtopics, global statements, or call to action lines should be added at the end of an essay.
The following are some of the tips that should be maintained while writing an essay in English for any type of event. Have a look at the below points and follow:
- Present your essay with an interesting and suitable Title. It aids to pull the attention of the audience and provoke their curiosity.
- Maintain it between 300-500 words. Why because people always attract to read the short essays generally and the range mentioned here is the ideal length. If you want to increase or decrease it then you should take a creative license.
- Use simple and crisp language while writing an essay in English. Don’t go deep and stop complicating the essay by using difficult words to read. As it breaks the flow of the sentence while reading.
- It is necessary to recheck it again after finishing the essay because making grammar mistakes is not acceptable in any essay writings. So, use correct punctuation and spellings and make your reader connected with an essay.
- Prior to the start of an essay organize your thought and outline a rough draft. Like this, you can ensure that your story will flow and not create a mess.
We hope you found your required topic to participate in essay writing in English at school events. If you need more assistance while writing essays in English, reach us via comments or visit our site Aplustopper for more support from our export team related to Essay Writing Topics in English.
FAQs on English Essay Writing
1. How to write a Good Essay in English?
For any formal writing things, you should keep in mind is Introduction, Body, and Conclusion. Your Intro should be short and precise and convey what the subject is. The body should cover all the points regarding the topic and the conclusion should connect all the dots.
2. What are the best tips for Essay Writing?
Make sure you have researched all the content, information accuracy checked. Try writing an essay in a way that the user finds it interesting and develops enthusiasm in it and finishes it completely. Write the first paragraph interesting as it draws the user’s attention and they keep them going.
3. What is the best and simple way to write an Essay?
Introduction Paragraph and what you would like to discuss in it. Quotes or references if any followed by a Thesis Statement. Supporting Paragraphs for your Thesis Statement and a Conclusion Statement at the end.
4. How can I improve my essay writing skills?
Make an outline. Know what you are going to write about before you start writing.
Acquire a solid understanding of basic grammar, style, and punctuation.
Use the right vocabulary.
Understand the argument and critically analyze the evidence.
Know how to write a proper conclusion that supports your research.