Beauty tips for the Monsoons
Who doesn’t love the rains? After the scorching sun and all that dust, it is a relief to feel those drops on your tace pouring from the sky. I do enjoy a cup of steaming coffee as the rain lashes around, cooling and cleaning everything. There is such a sense of freshness. But I cannot say the same for the skin. Monsoon brings with it a series of skin woes for many – open pores, dull skin and infection along body folds. In simpler words, it is summer skin plus increased humidity. A bit of moisture is good, but a lot is not.
Look And Feel Of Monsoon
Skin feels hot and humid since the pores are still open from the summer months and can get further aggravated. Acne and skin infection along the body folds can also occur. Sweating can be even more irritating in the humid weather.
Hair is more vulnerable to damage that ¡s, breakage, so it is advisable not to go for too many salon treatments. Even a simple blow dry can cause damage.
Monsoon Special Care
- Refreshing face wash: do it four times with cold water
- Toner: optional
- Scrub: once a week
- Day cream: use only a sunscreen
- Apply skin actives in the form of serums and gels
- Post summer care: tan removing creams and skin soothing ones
- Night care: skin lightening actives, AHA and BHA (Acids at 6-20 per cent are available OTC)
- Just hydrate minus the cream; magic mist
- Hair and scalp: sun protection for hair
- Body: couple of showers a day
Pick Powders – For this season you must look for the powder form of most things like compact, deodorants etc. There are some collagen boosters in powder form too, which I would suggest you to pick up for keeping your skin in good shape.
Dry Up ASAP – if you happen to get wet in the rain, wash your face and feet as soon as you can. Keep them dry. A good idea is to carry some wet wipes and then re-apply your skincare product or makeup.
Stay With Sunscreen – If you are planning to cool oft on the sunscreen regimen thinking that the clouds will protect you, you are greatly mistaken. The cloudy skies do not guard you from the sun. You can look for a light textured version of sunscreen. They are also some gel variants that otter you protection without clogging your skin. Try the newer powder sunscreen with nanoparticle technology
Have Happy Hair – Hair care should not be ignored during this season since the summer’s intense Uy damage makes the hair dry, frizzy and damaged. Getting your hair wet in the rains will further weaken your hair. So say no to all hair treatments that make use of heat and chemicals. Also, totally avoid ironing semi wet or wet hair.
For Healthy Hair – Beauty tips for the Monsoons
- Get a coconut oil massage
- Dry wet hair with low heat
- Do not brush wet hair
- Use loose hair accessories
- Avoid salon treatments – any chemical treatment will harm the strands since the cuticles are open.
Monsoon Must Dos – Beauty tips for the Monsoons
- Getting wet in the rain is fun but change your clothes as soon as possible. Damp clothes increase the risk of skin infections, especially in body folds.
- Dry your hair to remove as much moisture as possible. Blow dry your hair gently if needed.
- Keep wet wipes, moisturizer, face wash and sunscreen in your purse to keep your skin in great condition.
Supplements For The Monsoon – Beauty tips for the Monsoons
- Go high on immune boosters which are your multivitamins.
- Add anti-inflammatory ingredients to your diet like ginger and turmeric. These ingredients are a major part of our Indian diet.
Monsoon Kitchen Goodies
- Use a papaya face mask. The papain in it removes dead skin layers and tanning.
- Turn over half a lemon and use it as a gentle loot ah on the tace and the body.
- Use a mixture of lemon juice and rice flour paste on the face and body to slough off dark and dead skin.
- Apply lemon, curd and sandalwood powder as a mask and then scrub gently to de-tan.
Skin Treatments – Beauty tips for the Monsoons
- Most treatments are sate during this season. Concentrate on detanning treatments like peels and microdermabrasion.
- Start off laser treatment for skin lightening, tightening or hair removal.